Skip to main content

The One That Got Away


She is gorgeous. 

Her eyes twinkle and it lights up my soul. She’s my soulmate. I’m so happy she responded to my profile. This is fate. This is it.

“Wow, you’re cute!” she muses.

I soak it in, my heart fills with glee. I wonder what she likes to eat. What she likes to do. Where she likes to go. I’ll go wherever she wants!

She has a reputable career, makes good money, has healthy relationships with family and friends, and has normal hobbies. Where has she been all my life?

She enjoys the thrills of life and always wants to pursue them. Just like me! I had to be pushed a little bit to go to PT school, but, hell, I did it!

What shall we do now? She says she has just the idea! She wants to show me an exhilarating time. I like this. She grabs my hand, and off we go. Do I mind driving with her? I laugh. Anywhere you want to go, my love.

She parks at the mall. Interesting. What will we do here? Go on the carousel? Try different foods at the food court? We did just eat a lot…

Come on! Her hand is so soft in mine.

She leads me into the Swarovski store where I imagine we’ll fantasize about her engagement ring. She is perfect.

“May we see that ring please?” she asks sweetly. “Oh. Do you have the Queensland Peony, yet?”

“Hm, I am not sure miss. Let me check. Stella!” The employee turns for a moment.

Then just like that, she mouths “run,” and dashes out of the open store front into the mall. I didn’t know what to do, so I ran. My ankle twisted slightly, but I moved through the pain. 

Where had she gone? Where do I go? She’s insane! That twinkle in her eye is craziness! Oh my god. Where do I-

SECURITY! STOP!

Run. Just keep going. I didn’t do anything. This mall is so big. My mind raced.

I hear the footsteps behind me quickly approaching. My heart beats loudly in my ears.
I turn quickly and see a red Exit sign at the end of a hallway. 
I think this leads to the parking lot…
But it could be the Dead End with those tall walls! I have no choice!
I turn and run with all the speed I can muster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christen on Board

Yes, I have another post about motorists- they may just be the thing that angers me most (and I'm really not an angry person, mind you). Yesterday was beautiful so I went for a bike ride on a trail near my house. For once I went without my iPod and it was a nice change to hear nature instead of music in my ears. The trail crosses a couple of roads, one major, the other just petty little roads (who needs 'em). I come up to the road and this sign is VERY clearly posted for the drivers to see Now what part of STATE LAW do you not understand? I stood and waited with my bike for 5 cars to pass before a nice, law-abiding driver stopped for me which I promptly waved to thank them for such a nice gesture. I get if someone's just coming up to the crosswalk and the driver's a too little close for them to slam on their brakes to stop for; But when someone's just standing there waiting to cross the road for a while, stop already! That's just rude. Especially for runners....

Gymnasium Antics

My gym has the smallest parking lot. And there is nowhere to add additional spots, so there is overflow parking near the movie theater. Now, I completely understand that parking a mile away is a pain the butt when you hardly want to be there in the first place. But do people REALLY need to wait for parking spots at the gym? From the treadmill I can see the parking lot and you don't know how many accidents I see people almost getting into just from racing around to get to the other side's open spot. News flash: You're here to exercise. Walking 50 more feet won't really kill you. Unless you're Plastic Suit Guy, who apparently does NOT realize he's here to exercise.  My new speed to run on the treadmill is 6.0mph *takes a bow* but my comfortable speed to walk leisurely is at 3.8ish. I've seen PSG before, pre-plastic suit. He's wearing huge aviator sunglasses and brings a newspaper to the treadmill (every time), positions his two Voss water bottles in the...
I'm so disappointed when I go to my favorite blog and there hasn't been a post in a few days. Even more so when there hasn't been a post in 4 months *cough* Mackenzie *cough*. But then I realize, what a hypocrite! I haven't written on here in exactly 4 months. There have been a lot of stories in the news about zombie-like acts lately, and it's really quite scary! You never know who's really a monster..could be your neighbor or that creepy guy who comes in and requests you to be their server every week *gulp*. Recently I've learned of these horrible pieces of news: someone eating a man's face a dad beheading his own daughter because he wasn't happy with her lifestyle a man chopping up another man and sending his body parts to different places a woman with a flesh-eating disease after falling off a zip line the Twilight series has another movie coming out Being a 27 year old in 2012, I feel strangely as if I'm falling behind in the tech...