Skip to main content

The New Normal


The ‘new normal’ they say, but what does that mean?
Staying home day after day, this seems like a dream.
Wearing masks, stay six feet away.
When will the world go back to the ho-hum, the monotonous,
Our “normal” day-to-day.
People riot, they protest, they rant, they rave,
“We want to go back to our hobbies, our lives-
Give us our freedom, even if it puts us in an early grave!”
But I don’t want that, no I don’t want that at all.
Because right now this is a break from the squall.
I asked and I willed, I prayed and I wished
Please, Something, I want time to do the things on my list,
Working two jobs has me tired and bored,
I can’t stop, and yet no luxuries can I afford.
I want to organize, and learn, and dance, and play,
Yet away the go the minutes, the hours, the day.
Now time has no meaning, I do what I’m wanting,
No boundaries, no schedules,
But yet- it’s still daunting.
Maybe more than before, because now I do see
With all of this time for me to be me,
I can’t go back to the 9 to 5.
Now’s the time to be alive.
And I can’t go back to “normal.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christen on Board

Yes, I have another post about motorists- they may just be the thing that angers me most (and I'm really not an angry person, mind you). Yesterday was beautiful so I went for a bike ride on a trail near my house. For once I went without my iPod and it was a nice change to hear nature instead of music in my ears. The trail crosses a couple of roads, one major, the other just petty little roads (who needs 'em). I come up to the road and this sign is VERY clearly posted for the drivers to see Now what part of STATE LAW do you not understand? I stood and waited with my bike for 5 cars to pass before a nice, law-abiding driver stopped for me which I promptly waved to thank them for such a nice gesture. I get if someone's just coming up to the crosswalk and the driver's a too little close for them to slam on their brakes to stop for; But when someone's just standing there waiting to cross the road for a while, stop already! That's just rude. Especially for runners....

Gymnasium Antics

My gym has the smallest parking lot. And there is nowhere to add additional spots, so there is overflow parking near the movie theater. Now, I completely understand that parking a mile away is a pain the butt when you hardly want to be there in the first place. But do people REALLY need to wait for parking spots at the gym? From the treadmill I can see the parking lot and you don't know how many accidents I see people almost getting into just from racing around to get to the other side's open spot. News flash: You're here to exercise. Walking 50 more feet won't really kill you. Unless you're Plastic Suit Guy, who apparently does NOT realize he's here to exercise.  My new speed to run on the treadmill is 6.0mph *takes a bow* but my comfortable speed to walk leisurely is at 3.8ish. I've seen PSG before, pre-plastic suit. He's wearing huge aviator sunglasses and brings a newspaper to the treadmill (every time), positions his two Voss water bottles in the...
I'm so disappointed when I go to my favorite blog and there hasn't been a post in a few days. Even more so when there hasn't been a post in 4 months *cough* Mackenzie *cough*. But then I realize, what a hypocrite! I haven't written on here in exactly 4 months. There have been a lot of stories in the news about zombie-like acts lately, and it's really quite scary! You never know who's really a monster..could be your neighbor or that creepy guy who comes in and requests you to be their server every week *gulp*. Recently I've learned of these horrible pieces of news: someone eating a man's face a dad beheading his own daughter because he wasn't happy with her lifestyle a man chopping up another man and sending his body parts to different places a woman with a flesh-eating disease after falling off a zip line the Twilight series has another movie coming out Being a 27 year old in 2012, I feel strangely as if I'm falling behind in the tech...