Skip to main content

Christen on Board

Yes, I have another post about motorists- they may just be the thing that angers me most (and I'm really not an angry person, mind you).

Yesterday was beautiful so I went for a bike ride on a trail near my house. For once I went without my iPod and it was a nice change to hear nature instead of music in my ears. The trail crosses a couple of roads, one major, the other just petty little roads (who needs 'em). I come up to the road and this sign is VERY clearly posted for the drivers to see

Now what part of STATE LAW do you not understand? I stood and waited with my bike for 5 cars to pass before a nice, law-abiding driver stopped for me which I promptly waved to thank them for such a nice gesture. I get if someone's just coming up to the crosswalk and the driver's a too little close for them to slam on their brakes to stop for; But when someone's just standing there waiting to cross the road for a while, stop already! That's just rude. Especially for runners. Sometimes that momentum is tough to build back up.

Second of all. What's up with posting these in your car windows?
Maybe you have the cutest baby in the world (according to someone besides yourself) but am I supposed to care? Because I really don't. Is it a way of advertising you gave birth or is it a way of saying "Drive really slowly around me, because I have a precious life in my car that I need to protect." Well so do I, it's called my own, but you don't see me advertising that. According to society, the three biggest groups of people that need to be protected are women, babies, and older people, and girls have taken care of announcing that they're driving by displaying proud license plates and stickers that say "BITCH" and "Mom's Taxi." In the spirit of driving safely, I've created a sticker for the other group to display proudly in their car


And without further adieu, a song that I'm loving recently:

Comments

Shale said…
Ha ha! Good post. Does Pickles miss me?
Anonymous said…
A+ post!
Christen said…
Since you left, he has been sleeping in the kitchen chair you sat in haha He does miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Gymnasium Antics

My gym has the smallest parking lot. And there is nowhere to add additional spots, so there is overflow parking near the movie theater. Now, I completely understand that parking a mile away is a pain the butt when you hardly want to be there in the first place. But do people REALLY need to wait for parking spots at the gym? From the treadmill I can see the parking lot and you don't know how many accidents I see people almost getting into just from racing around to get to the other side's open spot. News flash: You're here to exercise. Walking 50 more feet won't really kill you. Unless you're Plastic Suit Guy, who apparently does NOT realize he's here to exercise.  My new speed to run on the treadmill is 6.0mph *takes a bow* but my comfortable speed to walk leisurely is at 3.8ish. I've seen PSG before, pre-plastic suit. He's wearing huge aviator sunglasses and brings a newspaper to the treadmill (every time), positions his two Voss water bottles in the...
I'm so disappointed when I go to my favorite blog and there hasn't been a post in a few days. Even more so when there hasn't been a post in 4 months *cough* Mackenzie *cough*. But then I realize, what a hypocrite! I haven't written on here in exactly 4 months. There have been a lot of stories in the news about zombie-like acts lately, and it's really quite scary! You never know who's really a monster..could be your neighbor or that creepy guy who comes in and requests you to be their server every week *gulp*. Recently I've learned of these horrible pieces of news: someone eating a man's face a dad beheading his own daughter because he wasn't happy with her lifestyle a man chopping up another man and sending his body parts to different places a woman with a flesh-eating disease after falling off a zip line the Twilight series has another movie coming out Being a 27 year old in 2012, I feel strangely as if I'm falling behind in the tech...